POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Linux? : Re: MORAY for Linux. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MORAY for Linux.
From: Julian
Date: 14 Apr 1998 14:12:51
Message: <3533A723.3AAC4386@tig.com.au>
Sadly Doesn't look like moray will be ported at the moment...there no
$$$ in it, well then if thats the case, so be it...but would hate to see
it go along with my win95 partition though. I'm sure that there would be
lots of people willing to help out with the source..but its still early
days for winmoray, and the moray guys have been good to us through the
years, and like you say steff, all it takes is a little pushin.

Moray is a great app, even though i said i'ld pay double (amapi is $25-
had to sneak that in..sory:). Its because the Linux enviroment is
constantly developing (at speeds MS could only dream of) people are
coding all the time for it and I would hate to see a Moray ripoff, but
as the saying goes "If you don't do it someone else will"

I believe linux and its many free appliations will play a big part in
disrupting ol Bill Gates and his dream of the MS empire in the future to
come...people will soon realise the Advantages of Linux (besides being
FREE), and its good will of its many developers, heres a little quote i
got off www.debian.org (one of the developers of Linux)
i found interesting and some of you might too.

"A better question is how do software companies get away with charging
so much? Software is not like making a car. Once you've made one copy of
your software, the production costs to make a million more are tiny
(there's a good reason Microsoft has so many billions in the bank). Look
at it another way: if you had an endless supply of sand in your
backyard, you might be willing to give sand away. It would be foolish,
though, to pay for a truck to take it to others. You would make them
come and get it themselves (equivalent to downloading off the net) or
they can pay someone else to deliver it to their door (equivalent to
buying a CD). This is exactly how Debian operates and why most of the
CDs are so cheap (less than $5 U.S. for 2 CDs). , "

yup $5 ...cheaper than dos everwas..yet 10times more powerful.

Peace,

Jules

Steff...might've inadvertently email ya a copy..sory :)